Thursday, March 26, 2015

Feathered friends to be found at Bear Mountain Zoo


The Bear Mountain State Park is one of my favorite places in New York. Part of the reason is nostalgia, but the other part is just because it's so beautiful. The way it overlooks the Hudson River, the woods, the wildlife, the landscape...I could go on.


Another interesting aspect of the park is the Bear Mountain Zoo. The zoo only keeps regional animals, ones that have been hurt or abandoned at birth and unable to survive on their own. I'll probably do several posts on this park and zoo, but today's photos I wanted to focus on some of the feathered friends that call the park home.

Here you can see the vultures sunning themselves. They are clearly not "in captivity" as they can fly in and out of this area. Believe it or not, this photo was taken in the bear's den!

Swans, ducks and geese all share residence in this pond

Close up look at the swan and goose setting next to one another
Here I was trying to capture the duck, but ended up liking the way the trees reflected in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.