Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Visiting the beautiful Oatlands Plantation in Leesburg

This morning, once again, I've got spring on the brain. As I look out my window and see the remains of this week's snowstorm, it is hard to believe spring is right around the corner. Today I began thinking about how I should take another ride out to Leesburg this year and visit Oatlands Plantation. It's been a while - the house tour has an interesting history and is connected to many historical figures that had spent time on the property. 

Then there are the gardens, which have been restored and are beautiful. Here are a few photos I have taken in the past.

(For a much more in-depth history of the property - I invite you to visit my other blog which is dedicated to the Washington DC Metro area where I have a very detailed post with many additional photos of the rest of the property).

Front of the main house at Oatlands

I've always thought the rear of the main house to be attractive. That sitting area looks so cozy to me
 
One of the fountains found in the gardens

Busy bees at work in the garden

There are literally dozens and dozens of varieties of flowers in Oatlands' gardens. Here are some peonies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.