Thursday, January 28, 2016

Spotting mushrooms in Northern Virginia

In the past year I've become more fascinated with mushrooms ahd have been taking a lot of photos in the yard, in the woods, while out visiting historic properties and anywhere else they might crop up. 

Today's post shares some photos I've taken in the last few months.
The first two were taken in my yard. The second two were taken at Gunston Hall during the first week in December.

I don't know what kind of mushroom this is, but liked the shape of it.

There is an area of my yard that seems to be a good environment for different types of mushrooms to crop up. Looks like a critter had gotten into these
 
This one I was testing out my new camera...seems I got better focus on the leaves rather than the mushroom. I spotted several of these mushrooms while walking up from the riverfront area

Fungi spotted while walking around the property on Gunston Hall


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.