Friday, January 29, 2016

In photos: Going to seed

In December we took a trip out to Front Royal, Va. to visit Skyline Caverns. The weather was pretty warm over the Christmas break and it seemed many of the plants and flowers were confused on what they should be doing (it was 77 degrees here in Northern Virginia on Christmas Eve!)

The following week I came across these plants that had gone to seed, albeit probably a little later than they usually would have. I'm not sure what kind of plants either of these are. The second set looked a little like milkweed, but the plant looked different than the one I have in my yard. Decided the seeds were a good subject to try to further work on creating macro images.
 



2 comments:

  1. These sorts of flying seeds do make interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara for stopping by and commenting too, appreciated. I agree, I love to see the details. I've seen some spectacular dandelion seed photos people have posted

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.