Saturday, January 30, 2016

In photos: Busy summertime bees - part 1

Ever since I was a kid I had this fear of bees and would run in the other direction when I came across any (the fact I was swarmed twice in my hair probably didn't help). Over the years as I began to look towards nature as photography subjects, that fear has dissipated. For some reason being on the other end of a lens erased the fear. These days I can peacefully be next to bees even without a camera.

We invested a lot of energy into putting flowers and vegetables in our yard last year. As a result, we had many bees. It was nice to see them in such volume and hopefully their numbers will grow. Here are a few photos I captured last summer in my front yard. (Here is Part 2)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.