Tuesday, January 10, 2017

The wonderful world of bugs

I always find it fascinating to watch insects as they go about their daily routines. (Unless they are in my house of course then, depending on the bug, all bets are off!). When we are outside, bugs typically catch my eye and sometimes I like to follow them around a bit to see what they'll do next. These are some shots from warmer days gone by.

This (wasp?) was busy in my wildflower garden last summer and seemed particularly interested in my black-eyed Susans
I followed this ant for quite a while when walking along a path in the Manassas Battlefield last year. The ant is a little harder to see in the photo because it is dragging such a large carcass of another insect. The strength ants possess is pretty amazing!

Spotted this one a few minutes after seeing the ant. I don't know if it was my eyes playing tricks on me or not, but this one seemed to change color every time it flew and landed. Mostly bright greens and blues (which you can kind of see in the photo a two-tone appearance), but I swear I saw a greyish color too.

Milkweed bug party at Leigh's yard! Taken last summer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.