Monday, August 29, 2016

Sea shells in Barnegat Bay

Earlier this month we visited New Jersey's beautiful Long Beach Island and stayed in Barnegat Light. One of the things we love to do is explore the sea life in the bay. Here are a few photos from this year's finds:

I found a neat-looking shell and after I picked it up I realized the other shells on it were moving. Pretty cool! I'd never seen anything like this with so many others attached.

Spotted this clam shell on the shore of the bay. Shell was firmly intact, but no one was home
Found this clam in Viking Village. Someone was definitely home, but as soon as we came near, this critter clammed up tight. You can see a bit of the opening before he shut the door completely.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.