Sunday, February 28, 2016

Birds spotted in Washington DC - Part 1

Being forecasts predicted a 62+ degree day, we decided to take a ride downtown on Sunday to visit some museums and just enjoy the weather. We arrived pretty early about 8:45 a.m. and went bird hunting along the National Mall. Spotted lots of feathered friends - these are a few shots I took. More to come on my next post.

This bird was in a scuffle with another bird just before taking this shot. I missed the scuffle by seconds, but tracked him as he flew up into the roof of an information stand.

Spotted this bird alongside one of the Smithsonian Museums (I do not know what kind of bird it is - if anyone knows, please feel free to let me know in the comments!)

This fella was keeping watch on the construction site of the National Mall where major renovation is going on to redo the turf/grassy areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.