Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Bird spotting in Fairfax County in March 2016

As I noted in yesterday's post, it's shaping up to look a little like spring. Hopefully, anyway! Being the temperatures were so nice on Monday, went for a late afternoon walk. Spotted a large bird high up in a tree and tried to zoom in to get a few shots. It was confusing me because I kept changing angles as I wanted to see its face. But every time I moved, all I'd see was a tail feather. A pretty tail feather, but not exactly what I was hoping to see.

It wasn't until about 10 minutes later I realized there were two birds! They were sitting in two different trees but the branches came together. Once I figured that out it was easier to find the direction each was facing. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.