Thursday, September 10, 2015

Long Beach Island: Sunrise at Barnegat Lighthouse

In August we were on Long Beach Island in Barnegat Light. What a beautiful place. Twice I got up before dawn and walked up to Barnegat Lighthouse to watch the sunrise.

Mid-week I also became obsessed with the idea I wanted to get there via seeing the sunrise on the beach, take a walk across the jetty to the sidewalk to the lighthouse. On the second try I did accomplish this and it was a most wonderful experience!!

Here are some views of Barnegat Lighthouse as I approached it (after the sun rose).

Walking along the jetty

arriving at the walkway

Another slightly different angle from the walkway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.