Monday, January 30, 2017

'Cool Globes' exhibit in Battery Park (July 2016)

Last July we took a trip to New York City to climb the stairs of the Statue of Liberty. While in Battery Park we spotted a number of large globes and stopped for a few moments to admire the artwork. I'd previously seen photos of them online streamed on a social media site, but I had no idea where they were in New York or what the significance of the globes were. I certainly had no idea we'd literally bump into them on our way to the boats.

I turned to my friend Google to inquire and found out it is a traveling exhibit called "Cool Globes" that is designed to bring awareness to climate change. The exhibit was in New York for several months and then moved on in November. 

One row of globes. There were numerous ones, but I wasn't able to get them all in one shot

Another row of globes with One World Trade Center in the background.

Close-up shot of one of the globes

Taken from another angle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.