Tuesday, November 17, 2015

In photos: Fallen leaves past their peak

Yesterday I posted photos of fall foliage spotted here in Northern Virginia, so today I wanted to post images of leaves past their peak. While no longer brilliant in color, there is still beauty to be found as nature begins to settle in for the winter.

Frosty leaves

I thought this leaf had beautiful shape and texture
Macro shot of a dried up leaf. I was so intrigued by its details


A few oversized leaves must have blown in from elsewhere, it was so much larger than the others in my yard

Curled up leaf going to bed for the winter

I'm not sure what kind of flower this is, but I planted it about a year or two ago. This is what it looks like after it settles down for the season, in the summer it was a bluish-purple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.