Thursday, February 5, 2015

I spy with my eye . . . lots of flying critters


Today's post highlights a few of the many various flying critters I've encountered over the years throughout the region. Most of these I've tried to capture with my camera on purpose, with one exception. This first photo was totally unintentional, I didn't even realize I captured it until much later when I was going through some photos I'd taken.  


Thanks for visiting!
I zoomed in to this plant and got the additional bonus of this tiny insect - taken on Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah Valley


This one was taken at Chatham down in Fredericksburg, Virginia

I spotted this bird while approaching the Tidal Basin during the National Cherry Blossom Festival

This hummingbird moth was spotted outside Mount Vernon's gift shop in Northern Virginia


Also spotted in Fredericksburg - I believe this too was at Chatham, but am not 100 percent sure


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.