Saturday, January 24, 2015

Woolly bear caterpillar needs a rest stop too

In October 2014 we took a ride down Skyline Drive and stopped at one of the rest stops along the way. It was fall foliage time and the stop was pretty crowded, so we were eager to get back on the road and choose another stop. However, I looked down and there was this critter inching along towards my car's tire. I didn't want it to get hurt, so I picked it up and put the woolly bear caterpillar in some nearby grass.   

I always wondered if this critter found its way to wherever it was heading...I kind of felt bad for interrupting its journey.

Photo credit: Leigh Goessl/All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be published soon (as long as you are not spamming or blatantly placing unrelated links). I appreciate your taking the time to view my page and leave a comment. Thanks for your patience.